Sunday, September 18, 2011

Honor your Mother and Father..

'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.'
Deut 5.16

    In Les' rendition of Flora's story, "Walk in the Clouds" there was a sentence that was in an early draft that had been intended for omission prior to releasing 'to the public.' The sentence had to do with a personal issue between my family and my Mother, and wasn't necessary in relaying the increased Love that Flora had shown to me in the last few weeks of her life.  The sentence was noticed by some of my family and found offensive to my dismay. The sentence has since been omitted in the official online edition though it still remains in the printed copies. I regret that anyone would have been offended though I contend that such a focus misses the point of the overall story, that being a Mom's love for her Son-in-Law and that her passing came at a particularly inopportune time in my life (if there is such thing as an opportune time).
May you still be blessed by her story regardless of my inadequacy at proofreading.
~Les Allard

2 comments:

  1. I didn't find it offensive. Rather, it showed your heart, your love for Flora, and the real struggle you were going through. God allowed the "omission" for a reason. He is being glorified through Flora's testimony as well as the testimony of each of you. And I appreciate all your honesty.

    Blessings, Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement. It was quite difficult for me to hear that something meant to be inspiring and a testimony about God's moving in Flora's life and her passing was viewed by anyone as less than that.
    You and others have encouraged me likewise, and it has been very soothing to hear.

    ReplyDelete

We'd appreciate hearing how Flora or her story has affected you, and others will as well!